Thursday, April 25, 2013

Work In Progress

It's been an interesting ride on the Whole 30 so far.

I think my body is doing something different- and I am hoping that means it is healing. It also means that my previous indulgences, in the form of cheese and occasional sugar (most of which snuck in over the holidays, and stayed around as a crutch during the crazy moving and remodeling process), are just going to have to go- pretty much forever.

Confession time: I haven't been "obeying" the W30 stricture about weighing. (I do plan to do before and after measurements, though.) I know this is supposed to save frustration, etc, but since I have been living Primal/Paleo for 4 years now and not lost a significant amount of weight, I figured I am used to it, and could handle it. I wouldn't give up, no matter what the scale said.

And the scale said, "Oh Hi! You still weigh the same amount you did yesterday/last week/on Day 1!" Poop. Still, I know I feel better. And I have been sleeping a LOT- the deep, satisfying, wonderful kind of sleep. I am just doing my best to listen to my body, on the off chance that it is finally able to fix whatever the heck is wrong with it.

Last night, I noticed something odd.

I've had a raised bump of scarring on my right forearm for the last 7-8 years. It's small- about 1/8 inch in diameter, probably the result of a mosquito bite that I scratched. It sticks up quite a bit, and is purplish and shiny, and I hate it.

While trying away at the computer last night, I glanced down, and realized that my scar is suddenly closer to my skin color, and is noticeably flatter. This seemed nuts to me. I tried to google it, and got a lot of info on HOW to flatten raised scars. Most of them mentioned silicone patches, laser surgery, and unguents. Dietary change wasn't mentioned AT ALL. So I hopped over to the Whole 30 forums, and asked around.  So far, two other women (with larger scars than mine) have responded to say that they noticed the same thing, and they both agree with my thoughts on the matter: that it probably has to do with the reduction of inflammation in our bodies. That's- well, it's freaking amazing, honestly.

And then I woke up this morning, hopped on the scale, and it's finally moving in the right direction. YES. I am hoping that this is the beginning of something new for me.

12 days left!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment